Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft
Bill Gates is an American businessman, software developer, investor, and mega philanthropist. He’s best known for being the co-founder of Microsoft. Bill is married to Melinda Gates and together they run one of the largest philanthropy projects in the world, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Get the latest about Bill Gates on his blog Gates Notes.
Bill Gates Bitcoin Quotes
- “Bitcoin is exciting because it shows how cheap it can be. Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place and, of course, for large transactions, currency can get pretty inconvenient.” [Source]
- “Bitcoin is a technological tour de force.” [Source]
Involvement with Bitcoin
- Bill Gates considers cryptocurrencies as a way to empower the world’s poorest people [source]
- Gates concerned with anonymity of cryptocurrencies, and mentioned that ICOs and speculative cryptocurrencies are “super risky” [source]
- Gates says he would “short bitcoin if he could,” Tyler Winklevoss responds with “put your money where your mouth is” [source]
- Youtube compilation of Bill Gates discussing “Banking the Unbanked” [source]
Related Bitcoin Quotes