Chamath Palihapitiya, AOL Instant Messenger
Chamath Palihapitiya is an entrepreneur and a venture capitalist. He is the CEO of Social Capital, managing 1.2 Billion in assets. Chamath was born in Sri Lanka and went to University at Waterloo. in Canada.
Chamath later moved to California where he was the youngest executive at AOL and was also an early senior executive in Facebook.
Chamath Palihapitiya Bitcoin Quotes
- “Bitcoin is gold 2.0, its a huge huge deal” [source]
- “I think this thing is a $100,000 a coin probably in the next three to four years. And I think it is in the next 20 years a million dollars a coin” [source]
- “I am a buffet disciple, but he is wrong about Bitcoin” [source]
- “I personally own Bitcoin in my hedge fund, I own Bitcoin in my fund, I own Bitcoin in my private account. It is a huge huge huge deal, because what you’re talking about right now, for the next three to five years, an unbelievable better store of value. It is gold 2.0 right? The value of gold that hedged the world economy, about $9 trillion right? Thirteen hundred an ounce, of which only a hundred to a hundred and fifty dollars is the actual production value. So all the rest is imputed. Well, guess what? I can do the same thing with Bitcoin only I can do it outside the purview of every single government. Its being used everywhere you would think it would be used. Russia, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Venezuela, Argentina. Everywhere you have currency pressure. Everywhere you want to basically shield your assets. And then after that, it will probably become a payment mechanism” [source]
- “It’s the single best hedge against the traditional financial infrastructure. Whether you support the fiscal and monetary policy or not, it doesn’t matter. This is the schmuck insurance you have under your mattress” [source]
- “Just buy the coins. It’s a fantastic instrument” [source]
Involvement with Bitcoin
- CEO of Social Capital which specializes in technology startups and a focus on digital currency and Bitcoin: [source]
Related Bitcoin Quotes